Caredoc is an out of hours family doctors service for patients with urgent medical problems who need to contact a doctor after surgeries close.
1. Telephone Triage Nurse
· Full and comprehensive training and mentorship provided
· Job sharing (19 hours) and 3/4 time (30 hours) positions available immediately in our Call assessment centres in Carlow, Waterford City, Tipperary Town, Wexford Town and Wicklow Town
· You choose your preferred location to work.
· Weekend, evening and overnight work patterns. Work pattern very attractive to those who wish to be off during the day time
· Registered General Nurse Qualification with a minimum of 5 years post registration nursing experience
· Registered in the Register of Nurses maintained by The Irish Nursing & Midwifery Board
· Recent nursing experience
· Computer experience desirable
The Triage Nurse will be the first point of professional medical contact for patients and will provide telephone triage and nurse consultation as appropriate within Caredoc protocols and guidelines
Duties will include:
· Providing nurse telephone triage and patient assessment
· Participating in the development of the triage function within Caredoc
· Ensuring accurate notes of all consultations are recorded in the patients electronic file
· Attending and participating in staff meetings as required
· Liaising with the multi-disciplinary team in the operation of the service
· Liaising with Primary, secondary & emergency services – Acute Hospitals, Ambulance Service etc.
· Continued professional development
· Reaching and maintaining KPIs
· Training will be provided in the use of:
· The Call Management Systems
· The Call Handling Systems
· The Triage Nurse Protocols and Guidelines.
· Clinical Decision Support Software
To apply please submit your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or for informal enquiries contact Nursing Management Team on 059 9138199 during office hours